Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Harold Branton 103d Infantry Division Collection
Scope and Contents
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Dates: 1919; circa 1940s-2000s
William M. Colmer Papers
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
Rabbi Charles Mantinband Papers
Writings, correspondence, photographs, and condolence letters on the death of this outspoken proponent of Civil Rights and Rabbi at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Shemper Family Genealogy Project
The Shemper Family Genealogy Project consists of a school project organized by David Shemper in 1996 that details the history of the Shemper family of Hattiesburg. This collection is of particular interest to those studying local history, Jewish people in the South, and genealogy.
- Letter. 3
- Awards. 2
- Civil rights. 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Judaism. 2
- Memorabilia. 2
- Records (Documents). 2
- World War, 1939-1945. 2
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 1
- Audiocassettes. 1
- Books. 1
- Brochures. 1
- Camp Howze (Tex.). 1
- Camp Shelby (Miss.). 1
- Certificates. 1
- Civil rights -- United States. 1 + ∧ less
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Mantinband, Charles, Rabbi, 1895-1974 1
- Shemper Family (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 1