Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Political memorabilia, research collections, personal and family materials of a historian and student of state, national, and international politics.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Letter. 11
- Photographs. 11
- Fliers (Ephemera). 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Periodicals. 9
- Programs (Publications). 9
- Financial documents. 8
- Greeting cards. 8
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 8
- Albums (Books). 7
- Brochures. 7
- Newspapers. 6
- Posters. 6
- Speech. 6
- Awards. 5
- Certificates. 5
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 5 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Democratic Party (Miss.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1 + ∧ less