Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 50
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains photographs, slides, postcards, and memoirs of Mississippi.
Two items Dr. Roy G. Bigelow had with him during his time in France during WWI.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Posters, route cards and book, annual, magazine, program of several circuses that performed in Mississippi.
The Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers consist of early twentieth-century documents, letters, and photographs that pertain to the Henry-Rowell-Waldrup and related families of Jasper County, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying traditional farming in Mississippi, World War I correspondence, women’s roles in the early twentieth century, William Carey University, University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
This collection contains a postcard and photographs of Catherine Crowell and her friends during their service in the Army Nurse Corps and the Women’s Army Corps in the during World War II. Also photographed in this collection are patients who she took care of during her service, and buildings within Camp Shelby.
Photographs, a football jacket, newspaper clippings, postcards, etc. from the Demonstration High School on the USM Hattiesburg campus in the late 1940s.
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
This collection includes 13 letters and postcards from Charles Henri Ford to Robert Sharrad, the book editor of City Lights, regarding Sharrad’s invitation to Ford to contribute to the journal. The letter dated “25 ix 86” includes the haiku submitted by Ford, taken from The Minotaur Sutra.
Notes, news clippings photographs, scrapbooks, publications, other documenting the life of this Biloxi, Mississippi school teacher.
Letters, legal and financial documents, and other materials of the Fritchman family of Westmoreland and Washington counties in Pennsylvania. The majority of the materials pertain to David Fritchman, his children and grandchildren.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Reagan Grimsley has written numerous archival and historical articles. He is also the author of "Enriching Lives: A Pictorial History of Columbus State University" and "Hattiesburg in Vintage Postcards".
Files from Dr. Hamman’s involvement with the Mississippi Council on Family Relations as well as being a faculty member in the Home Economics Department at USM.
DVD, photographs, ephemera, etc., related to Mississippi Central Railroad Company and the Bonhomie and Hattiesburg Southern Railroad.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Photographs, brochures, news clippings, and mementos pertaining to the State Teachers College Band's participation in the "Know Mississippi Better" tours of the U.S. by train.
Contains photographs and memorabilia from the Holland circus family.
Historical materials regarding the city of Hattiesburg and Camp Shelby, Mississippi.
Photographs, postcards, printed, and other memorabilia collected by Jason Kutack dealing mostly with Hattiesburg and Gulf Coast local history.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
An extensive collection of early twentieth century postcards from around the world. The majority of the collection is assumed to be from the collection of Mrs. Eugene V. Worth of Clinton, Iowa. A smaller portion is assumed to have been collected and arranged by Ella M. Bradley, Librarian, through donations to the Lauren Rogers Museum of Art.
- Photographs. 40
- Letter. 32
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 30
- Programs (Publications). 21
- Memorabilia. 20
- Records (Documents). 20
- Brochures. 17
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 14
- Periodicals. 14
- Albums (Books). 13
- Greeting cards. 13
- Financial documents. 12
- Calendar. 11
- Invitation cards. 11
- University of Southern Mississippi. 11
- Newsletters. 10
- Fliers (Ephemera). 9
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 9
- World War, 1939-1945. 9 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 2
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Balfour, Jeff Edward, 1922-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bigelow, Roy G., Dr., Dean Emeritus, Department of Education and Psychology, 1893-1973 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Dent 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Family of Cora E. Henry 1 + ∧ less