Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 30
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Posters, route cards and book, annual, magazine, program of several circuses that performed in Mississippi.
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Programs and playbills from Laurel, Mississippi area and beyond.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Files from Dr. Hamman’s involvement with the Mississippi Council on Family Relations as well as being a faculty member in the Home Economics Department at USM.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Photographs, brochures, news clippings, and mementos pertaining to the State Teachers College Band's participation in the "Know Mississippi Better" tours of the U.S. by train.
Miscellaneous personal papers of a Hattiesburg resident. Mrs. Edna L. Hollensed was the great granddaughter of John Wesley Hollensed (M34). She lived at 1414 North Main Street and died in the mid-1990s.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Materials pertaining to the proposed Mississippi Superconducting Super Collider project.
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
Material pertaining to the 100th anniversary of Shelton Baptist Church in Moselle, Mississippi, held in 2007.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 21
- Records (Documents). 21
- Letter. 20
- Photographs. 20
- Memorabilia. 17
- Newsletters. 16
- Periodicals. 16
- Fliers (Ephemera). 13
- Financial documents. 11
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 11
- Postcards. 11
- Speech. 10
- Books. 9
- Albums (Books). 8
- Certificates. 8
- Posters. 8
- Calendar. 7
- Essay. 7 ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1 ∧ less