Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
This collection contains addresses, programs, and photographs.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
This collection primarily contains materials concerning a Black History celebration that was held on February 18, 2001. The celebration commemorated the life and legacy of the late Mrs. Helen Fields Woullard. The collection includes a speech and leaflet from the celebration, and two newspaper articles announcing the event. Other materials relate to a scholarship foundation that was established in her honor.
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Letter. 17
- Records (Documents). 15
- Awards. 10
- Memorabilia. 10
- Periodicals. 10
- Brochures. 9
- Certificates. 8
- Albums (Books). 7
- Financial documents. 7
- Greeting cards. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Diplomas. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Invitation cards. 6
- Political campaigns. 6
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 6 + ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Hardy, Hattie Lott, 1848-1895 1
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1 + ∧ less