Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
Madge Burney Papers
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
William M. Colmer Papers
Gregory E. Favre Collection
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
J.B. George Papers
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
William H. and Hattie L. Hardy Papers
Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
J. Brackin Kirkland Papers
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Powell G. Ogletree Papers
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Moran Pope Collection
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Helen Fields Woullard Collection
This collection primarily contains materials concerning a Black History celebration that was held on February 18, 2001. The celebration commemorated the life and legacy of the late Mrs. Helen Fields Woullard. The collection includes a speech and leaflet from the celebration, and two newspaper articles announcing the event. Other materials relate to a scholarship foundation that was established in her honor.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 17
- Records (Documents). 15
- Awards. 10
- Memorabilia. 10
- Periodicals. 10
- Brochures. 8
- Certificates. 8
- Albums (Books). 7
- Financial documents. 7
- Greeting cards. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Diplomas. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Invitation cards. 6
- Political campaigns. 6
- Posters. 6 + ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burney, Madge, 1886-1953 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Children of the Confederacy. 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1 + ∧ less