Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Jesse M. Byrd Collection
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
Dates: 1947, 1951
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Dates: circa 1996-2003
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Periodicals. 3
- Photographs. 3
- Press releases. 3
- Records (Documents). 3
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 3
- Awards. 2
- Documentary films. 2
- Faith. 2
- Filmed interviews. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Greeting cards. 2
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 2
- Invitation cards. 2
- Lieutenant governors -- Mississippi. 2 + ∧ less
- Byrd, Jesse M., State Senator, 1896-1966 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1