Showing Collections: 1 - 23 of 23
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 22
- Letter. 21
- Programs (Publications). 16
- Periodicals. 15
- Brochures. 12
- Memorabilia. 12
- Awards. 11
- Newsletters. 11
- Financial documents. 10
- Albums (Books). 9
- Greeting cards. 9
- Certificates. 8
- Political campaigns. 8
- Fliers (Ephemera). 7
- Invitation cards. 7
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 7
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 7 ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1 ∧ less