Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Form of Material Dr. Shirley Jones, retired Dean of the Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Southern Mississippi, was co-director of the Economic and Social Development Think Tank Conferences in 1986, 1987, and 1988. Dr. Jones was the first African American dean appointed to the public university system in Mississippi. These are the programs from those conferences:1. Brochure for A Conference on Job Dislocation and Career Development in a High-Tech Society...
Dates: 1984; 1986-1988
Abstract The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
Dates: 1922-1986; Undated
Form of Material Research materials, articles, speeches, correspondence, scrapbook of USM professor of chemical engineering.
Abstract Bo Morgan holds a Ph.D. in history from Memphis State University. He studies the history of the American South and is a leading expert on Mississippi history. He teaches courses on the South after Reconstruction, Mississippi, the theory and philosophy of history, and intellectual history. Dr. Morgan, the former chair of the Department of History at Delta State University, joined USM's Department of History in the fall of 2009.
Abstract Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Abstract Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
Scope and Contents Papers, correspondence, journal articles, certificates, awards, master's thesis, doctorial dissertations, etc. from Distinguished Professor of Polymer Science at the University of Southern Mississippi. Dr. Seymour is the inventor of high-imact polystyrene, engineering polymers, polymer concrete and disposable baby diapers.These materials provide an overview of Dr. Seymour's career as a research chemist and polymer researcher in both private industry and academia for fifty years. ...
Dates: circa 1935-1985
Abstract A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Dates: circa 1893-1988
Abstract Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
Dates: circa 1948-1977
Abstract This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 11
- Records (Documents). 10
- Letter. 8
- Periodicals. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Brochures. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Certificates. 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Résumés (Employment). 4
- University of Southern Mississippi. 4
- Awards. 3
- Diplomas. 3
- Essay. 3
- Manuscript. 3
- Memorabilia. 3 ∧ less
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Jones, Shirley J., Dr., Dean of the Graduate School of Social Work, 1931- 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Long, James S., Dr. 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- Morgan, Chester “Bo”, Dr. 1
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 1
- Scarborough, William K., Dr. (William Kauffman), 1933-2020 1
- Seymour, Raymond B., Dr. (Raymond Benedict), 1912-1991 1
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 1
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 1
- Van Hook, Benjamin Ormond (B.O.), 1899-1988 1
- Young, Thomas Daniel, 1919-1997 1
- Zaninelli, Luigi, 1932- 1 ∧ less