Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 75
Files related to Col. Ashley’s time as Director of Cook Library at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Letters, photographs, and other materials reflecting his personal life as well as his association with Mississippi Normal College.
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Musical instruments, record albums, trophies, photographs, manuscript and published musical scores, composing notes of noted Southern bandsman and USM professor.
Two items Dr. Roy G. Bigelow had with him during his time in France during WWI.
This collection contains materials about Hattiesburg and The University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection consists of a wide variety of materials gathered by Anne Louise D'Olive.
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
Collection of materials that document the professional and social life of Dr. Claude E. Fike at the University of Southern Mississippi as a professor of history, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts), and the director of McCain Library.
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
Research collection of Dr. A.G. Fish, professor of marine biology at The University of Southern Mississippi.
The collection contains various receipts, deeds, and items of correspondence from the Finn Pegram families, and materials range in date from 1830 to 1903. There are also a few samples of 19th century advertising included: “Dr. Clark’s Pocket Memorandum Book” and an Arm & Hammer brand booklet that contains a series of stereotypical depictions of African Americans from that time period.
This collection consists of biographical data and personal diaries that provide insight concerning the career, lifestyle, and personality of Dr. Bertha Maude Fritzsche. The material begins in 1929 when Fritzsche began teaching home economics at the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), known then as the State Teacher's College, and continues until her death in March 1990. The collection is divided into two series: Biographical Data (1929-1987) and Diaries (1937-1990).
This collection includes materials collected for research, reel to reel films, student papers and tests, as well as class materials.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Original music composed by Dr. Albert E. Gower, Chairman of the Department of Music Education at The University of Southern Mississippi, for Mississippi's Junior Miss pageant and for the Miss Mississippi pageant, plus his "Symphony No. 1".
Papers of Dr. John D.W. Guice, University of Southern Mississippi Professor Emeritus of History.
Typescripts and galley proofs of books written by USM professor of counseling psychology, and other published material.
Newspaper clippings, originals and photocopies, from Teacher’s College News, The Student Printz, and the New Albany Newspaper concerning S.C. Hall, one of Mississippi Normal College’s early faculty members.
Files from Dr. Hamman’s involvement with the Mississippi Council on Family Relations as well as being a faculty member in the Home Economics Department at USM.
Material from USM History Professor Glenn T. Harper.
The William H. Hatcher Memories of World War II Collection contains a four-page typescript of Dr. Hatcher’s experiences as a paratrooper in World War II. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying World War II and university history.
- Records (Documents). 38
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 37
- Letter. 33
- Photographs. 33
- Manuscript. 22
- Periodicals. 21
- Books. 17
- Speech. 13
- University of Southern Mississippi. 13
- Programs (Publications). 12
- Albums (Books). 10
- Brochures. 10
- Dissertations, Academic. 10
- Financial documents. 10
- Memorabilia. 10
- Teachers. 10
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 10
- Music teachers--United States. 9
- Newsletters. 9 ∧ less
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Student Printz (1927-) 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Ashley, Grover, Col. 1
- Austin, O.V. (Oliver V. Austin), 1890-1960 1
- Barbour, Haley, 63rd Governor of Mississippi, 1947- 1
- Beech, Bob, Reverend (Robert L.), -2008 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bigelow, Roy G., Dr., Dean Emeritus, Department of Education and Psychology, 1893-1973 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Brent, Charles R., Dr., Professor Emeritus of Engineering Technology 1
- Brown , Katherine B., 1879-1939 1
- Caldwell, Erskine, 1903-1987 1 ∧ less