Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 72
Letters, photographs, and other materials reflecting his personal life as well as his association with Mississippi Normal College.
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
The Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers consist of early twentieth-century documents, letters, and photographs that pertain to the Henry-Rowell-Waldrup and related families of Jasper County, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying traditional farming in Mississippi, World War I correspondence, women’s roles in the early twentieth century, William Carey University, University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
Office files for Sam & Gwen Clinton.
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
Correspondence, medals, uniforms and artifacts from USM student who served in Afghanistan, Iraq, and South Korea.
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
A group of materials that give an in depth look into the Civil Rights Movement and primarily the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission.
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
Collection of materials that document the professional and social life of Dr. Claude E. Fike at the University of Southern Mississippi as a professor of history, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts), and the director of McCain Library.
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
The collection contains various receipts, deeds, and items of correspondence from the Finn Pegram families, and materials range in date from 1830 to 1903. There are also a few samples of 19th century advertising included: “Dr. Clark’s Pocket Memorandum Book” and an Arm & Hammer brand booklet that contains a series of stereotypical depictions of African Americans from that time period.
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Typescripts and galley proofs of books written by USM professor of counseling psychology, and other published material.
Material from USM History Professor Glenn T. Harper.
Photographs, brochures, news clippings, and mementos pertaining to the State Teachers College Band's participation in the "Know Mississippi Better" tours of the U.S. by train.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 48
- Photographs. 47
- Records (Documents). 39
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 33
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 27
- Periodicals. 24
- University of Southern Mississippi. 24
- Memorabilia. 23
- Programs (Publications). 23
- Albums (Books). 18
- Financial documents. 18
- Newsletters. 17
- Speech. 17
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 16
- Books. 15
- Brochures. 15
- Greeting cards. 14
- Postcards. 14
- Certificates. 13 ∧ less
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Long, James S., Dr. 2
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1 ∧ less