Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 74
James G. Hollandsworth Civil War Collection
The collection contains material pertaining to the writings and publications of Dr. James G. Hollandsworth, correspondence, and manuscripts.
Carroll Ingram Papers
The collection contains various paper material such as correspondence, copied newspaper articles, copied photographs, several publications, and material on President Jimmy Carter’s inauguration.
International Women's Year (IWY) Collection
Items related to Ann Mulloy Ashmore and her experiences as chair of the Oklahoma IWY Coordination Committee. Marjorie Spruill Wheeler at The University of Southern Mississippi conducted her oral history for inclusion of her book: Divided We Stand: The Battle over Women’s Rights and Family Values that Polarized American Politics.
Kappa Tau Scrapbook
This collection consists of a scrapbook with original photographs, newspaper clippings, artifacts, minutes of meetings (1948-1955), correspondence from commercial jewelers regarding membership pins, and copies of the club’s constitution. Additionally, a preservation photocopy of the scrapbook has been made on acid-free paper and placed in the collection.
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dr. James S. Long Papers
Research materials, articles, speeches, correspondence, scrapbook of USM professor of chemical engineering.
Patricia Marton Collection
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Richard Aubrey McLemore Papers
This collection contains information about Richard McLemore.
Neil R. McMillen Collection
Vernon & Bonnie Fleming Merrifield Collection
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
Louella Gill Milner Collection
Materials documenting Louella Gill Milner's years as a student at Mississippi Southern College and later the University of Southern Mississippi.
Dr. Charles Moorman Papers
This collection contains the literary and academic manuscripts of Dr. Charles Moorman, as well as his personal correspondence with the members of the professional and academic organizations of which he was a part.
Jessie Morrison Collection
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
John Frederick Nau Papers
Nydegger Family Papers
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Powell G. Ogletree Papers
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Selby Parker Collection
The Selby Parker collection consists of one essay, a typescript, and miscellaneous articles written by and pertaining to the Mississippi author and former Youth Court Counselor of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi authors and journalists, the University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
Tom Rhea Phillips III Collection
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Noel Polk Collection
In 1999, English professor Noel Polk left to McCain Library and Archives many documents, namely correspondence related to his work as an English professor and researcher. Topics such as academia, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, southern literature, and Natchez before 1830 are covered.
Moran Pope Collection
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Anita Prados Collection
The collection includes various items related to Anita Prados’ time as a student at Mississippi Normal College (now known as the University of Southern Mississippi) from 1914 to 1915, including an “Application for Advance College Credits” from 1922.
George Thomas Preer Papers
Peggy W. Prenshaw Collection
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
Jonathan Puckett Research Collection
Genealogy research materials.
Mary Winton Pulley Papers
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Anna Margaret Roberts Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM librarian.
Gene D. Saucier Papers
Materials relating to the life of Representative Gene D. Saucier.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 49
- Photographs. 47
- Records (Documents). 39
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 33
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 27
- University of Southern Mississippi. 26
- Periodicals. 25
- Programs (Publications). 24
- Memorabilia. 23
- Albums (Books). 18
- Financial documents. 18
- Newsletters. 17
- Speech. 17
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 16
- Books. 15
- Brochures. 15
- Greeting cards. 14
- Postcards. 14
- Certificates. 13 + ∧ less
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Long, James S., Dr. 2
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1 + ∧ less