Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Office files for Sam & Gwen Clinton.
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
This collection consists of biographical data and personal diaries that provide insight concerning the career, lifestyle, and personality of Dr. Bertha Maude Fritzsche. The material begins in 1929 when Fritzsche began teaching home economics at the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), known then as the State Teacher's College, and continues until her death in March 1990. The collection is divided into two series: Biographical Data (1929-1987) and Diaries (1937-1990).
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Original photographs published in the Hattiesburg American.
This collection consists of a scrapbook with original photographs, newspaper clippings, artifacts, minutes of meetings (1948-1955), correspondence from commercial jewelers regarding membership pins, and copies of the club’s constitution. Additionally, a preservation photocopy of the scrapbook has been made on acid-free paper and placed in the collection.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Scrapbooks, ledgers, date books concerning the Hattiesburg YWCA and Mississippi Garden Center.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Materials documenting Louella Gill Milner's years as a student at Mississippi Southern College and later the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
Mary Lillian Peters was a music educator who graduated from Mississippi Normal College (now The University of Southern Mississippi) in 1923. The collection contains mementos of her college days including church bulletins, YWCA “helpful Hints”, music recital programs, and Mississippi Normal College historical items. Items date range from 1921-1925.
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
This collection contains addresses, programs, and photographs.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
Account of the desegregation of the University of Southern Mississippi as remembered by the author in 2010, in addition to 2 books by the author and material donated by Dr. Weatherford and Mrs. Weatherford.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Letter. 12
- Photographs. 11
- University of Southern Mississippi. 11
- Records (Documents). 9
- Financial documents. 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 7
- Postcards. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Calendar. 4
- Certificates. 4
- Diplomas. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Diaries. 3 + ∧ less
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- William Carey University. 2
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Everett, Asha Laura Burgess, 1892-1990 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Forrest County General Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.).. Forrest General Hospital. Forrest General Medical Center (1952-) 1
- Fritzsche, Bertha Maude, 1901-1990 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hattiesburg YMCA 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McDowell, Katherine Sherwood Bonner, 1849-1883 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 1
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History. MDAH 1
- National Collegiate Athletic Association. NCAA. IAAUS (1906-) 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1 + ∧ less