Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 176
Wright W. and Annie Rae Cross Collection
Sara Lucille Weathersby Dearman Photograph
Photograph of Mississippi Normal College student.
Ruby Randle Dedeaux Collection
The collection contains memorabilia related to Ruby Randle Dedeaux’s time at Mississippi Normal College from 1914-1916 as well as her “Golden Jubilee Diploma” from 1966.
Photographs, a football jacket, newspaper clippings, postcards, etc. from the Demonstration High School on the USM Hattiesburg campus in the late 1940s.
Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association Historical Collection
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
Anne Louise D'Olive Papers
This collection consists of a wide variety of materials gathered by Anne Louise D'Olive.
John Donne Variorum Papers
Ralph Dunagin Editorial Cartoon Collection
949 single-panel original editorial cartoons.
Economic and Social Development Think Tank Conferences
Donald Paul Ellis II Military Collection
Correspondence, medals, uniforms and artifacts from USM student who served in Afghanistan, Iraq, and South Korea.
Asha Burgess Everett Collection
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
Faculty and Staff Biographies
These materials contain biographical and/or reference files relating to faculty and staff at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Leesha Faulkner Civil Rights Collection
A group of materials that give an in depth look into the Civil Rights Movement and primarily the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission.
Virginia Isabelle Felder Papers
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
Claude E. Fike Collection
Collection of materials that document the professional and social life of Dr. Claude E. Fike at the University of Southern Mississippi as a professor of history, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts), and the director of McCain Library.
Claude E. Fike World War II Diary
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
A.G. Fish Collection
Research collection of Dr. A.G. Fish, professor of marine biology at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Flinn-Pegram Family Collection
The collection contains various receipts, deeds, and items of correspondence from the Finn Pegram families, and materials range in date from 1830 to 1903. There are also a few samples of 19th century advertising included: “Dr. Clark’s Pocket Memorandum Book” and an Arm & Hammer brand booklet that contains a series of stereotypical depictions of African Americans from that time period.
Mildred Seymour Foster Papers
Notes, news clippings photographs, scrapbooks, publications, other documenting the life of this Biloxi, Mississippi school teacher.
Bertha M. Fritzsche Collection
This collection consists of biographical data and personal diaries that provide insight concerning the career, lifestyle, and personality of Dr. Bertha Maude Fritzsche. The material begins in 1929 when Fritzsche began teaching home economics at the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), known then as the State Teacher's College, and continues until her death in March 1990. The collection is divided into two series: Biographical Data (1929-1987) and Diaries (1937-1990).
Glenda Funchess Civil Rights Collection
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Susan Victoria “Vicky” Garraway Collection (AM15-102)
Vicky Garraway was a lifetime resident of Hattiesburg, a graduate of Hattiesburg High School and University of Southern Mississippi. She taught in the Hattiesburg Public School System and was a former flight attendant for Eastern Airlines. She served in the Hattiesburg Medical Auxiliary, a lifetime member of the Junior Auxiliary and volunteer at the Abby Rogers Civitan Camp. She was a member of Trinity Episcopal Church.
General History Files
The General History Files contain information pertaining to the history of The University of Southern Mississippi, as well as descriptions of current events. These materials include news clippings, photographs, programs, brochures, films, and other ephemera. Topics include departmental and organizational history, student organization activities, annual university events, and special programs.
J.B. George Papers
Mildred "Myra" Pace Germany Collection
Materials relating to 1923 graduate, Mrs. Mildred "Myra" Pace Germany. Mrs. Germany was born January 5, 1900, in Newton County, Mississippi. She died June 22, 2004.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Clyde Ginn Education Materials
This collection includes materials collected for research, reel to reel films, student papers and tests, as well as class materials.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 174
- University Archives 2
- Photographs. 86
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 85
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 77
- Letter. 74
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68
- Records (Documents). 65
- Programs (Publications). 41
- Periodicals. 40
- Memorabilia. 36
- Albums (Books). 30
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 29
- Books. 28
- Manuscript. 28
- Speech. 25
- Financial documents. 24
- Brochures. 22
- Postcards. 22
- Newsletters. 21
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 20 + ∧ less
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 2
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 2
- Long, James S., Dr. 2
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- University of Southern Mississippi. 2 + ∧ less