Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 176
“The Ku Klux Klan in Jones County” by Eleanor B. Lang
This collection consists of a research paper entitled “The Ku Klux Klan in Jones County” written by Ms. Eleanor B. Lang in 1976, for Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty’s “History in Mississippi” course in the Department of History at The University of Southern Mississippi. The paper focuses on the history of the Ku Klux Klan in Jones County, Mississippi, and includes accompanying documentary material. The collection includes a photocopy of the research paper as well as the original.
Francis X. Kuhn "Voices of Freedom Summer" Collection
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Norvin L. Landskov Family Papers
Materials pertaining to the life and career of Dr. Norvin L. Landskov, professor of education at The University of Southern Mississippi, 1947-1972. Dr. Landskov served as chairman of the Department of Secondary Education and as director of student teaching. Also included are materials relating to his wife, Mrs. Irene Landskov, a high school teacher.
Andrew Candler Leech World War II Diary
Diary of his experiences in the European Theater.
Dr. James S. Long Papers
Research materials, articles, speeches, correspondence, scrapbook of USM professor of chemical engineering.
Mrs. O.B. Loper Papers
Scrapbooks, ledgers, date books concerning the Hattiesburg YWCA and Mississippi Garden Center.
Rosewell G. Lowrey Typescripts
Typescripts of compositions by Dr. Rosewell G. Lowrey, Dean of Men and director of Student Welfare at The University of Southern Mississippi. Also included is a small booklet of poems by his brother, Vernon Booth Lowrey.
Thomas T. Lynch Memorabilia Collection
Collection of memorabilia about former University of Southern Mississippi student Brett Favre.
Patricia Marton Collection
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
William D. McCain Pamphlet Collection
Pamphlets collected by USM president on communism, civil rights, desegregation, and other race-related topics; a speech on Freedom by Dr. McCain and two books on Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism.
Kenneth G. McCarty Papers
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Richard Aubrey McLemore Papers
This collection contains information about Richard McLemore.
Neil R. McMillen Collection
Dr. James H. McPhail Collection
Carlton L. McQuagge Papers
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of Dr. Carlton L. McQuagge, former instructor and administrator at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Vernon & Bonnie Fleming Merrifield Collection
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
Louella Gill Milner Collection
Materials documenting Louella Gill Milner's years as a student at Mississippi Southern College and later the University of Southern Mississippi.
Dr. Charles Moorman Papers
This collection contains the literary and academic manuscripts of Dr. Charles Moorman, as well as his personal correspondence with the members of the professional and academic organizations of which he was a part.
Dr. Chester “Bo” Morgan Collection
Bo Morgan holds a Ph.D. in history from Memphis State University. He studies the history of the American South and is a leading expert on Mississippi history. He teaches courses on the South after Reconstruction, Mississippi, the theory and philosophy of history, and intellectual history. Dr. Morgan, the former chair of the Department of History at Delta State University, joined USM's Department of History in the fall of 2009.
Jessie Morrison Collection
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
Willard McKinnon Murphy Collection
Willard McKinnon Murphy's 11-page autobiography and his University of Southern Mississippi class ring (Gold with red center stone)
John Frederick Nau Papers
Nydegger Family Papers
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Powell G. Ogletree Papers
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Selby Parker Collection
The Selby Parker collection consists of one essay, a typescript, and miscellaneous articles written by and pertaining to the Mississippi author and former Youth Court Counselor of Hattiesburg, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the 1960s Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi authors and journalists, the University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
John L. Pendergrass Collection of Political Campaign Materials
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
Mary Lillian Peters Papers
Mary Lillian Peters was a music educator who graduated from Mississippi Normal College (now The University of Southern Mississippi) in 1923. The collection contains mementos of her college days including church bulletins, YWCA “helpful Hints”, music recital programs, and Mississippi Normal College historical items. Items date range from 1921-1925.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 174
- University Archives 2
- Photographs. 86
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 85
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 77
- Letter. 74
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68
- Records (Documents). 65
- Programs (Publications). 41
- Periodicals. 40
- Memorabilia. 36
- Albums (Books). 30
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 29
- Books. 28
- Manuscript. 28
- Speech. 25
- Financial documents. 24
- Brochures. 22
- Postcards. 22
- Newsletters. 21
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 20 + ∧ less
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 2
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 2
- Long, James S., Dr. 2
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- University of Southern Mississippi. 2 + ∧ less