Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 176
Tom Rhea Phillips III Collection
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Noel Polk Collection
In 1999, English professor Noel Polk left to McCain Library and Archives many documents, namely correspondence related to his work as an English professor and researcher. Topics such as academia, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, southern literature, and Natchez before 1830 are covered.
Moran Pope Collection
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Anita Prados Collection
The collection includes various items related to Anita Prados’ time as a student at Mississippi Normal College (now known as the University of Southern Mississippi) from 1914 to 1915, including an “Application for Advance College Credits” from 1922.
George Thomas Preer Papers
Peggy W. Prenshaw Collection
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
William Presser Original Music Scores
The William Henry Presser Collection contains original drafts and published works that were composed by Dr. William Presser, as well as works published under the Theodore Presser Publishing Co. Included in this collection are hymns by R.G. Lowry and a recital program for Dr. William Presser. This collection is of particular interest to those studying music and the inner workings of music composition.
Idelle Pride Collection
Jonathan Puckett Research Collection
Genealogy research materials.
Mary Winton Pulley Papers
John R. Rachal Papers
Rawles Family Historical Collection
The Rawles Family Historical Collection consists of 122 photographs depicting scenes from the early twentieth century in Mississippi. Among other things, images showcase the logging industry, family and church gatherings, and games. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the logging industry, life and culture in the early twentieth century, Mississippi history, the University of Southern Mississippi, farming, and railroads.
Geraldine Reeves Collection
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Anna Margaret Roberts Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM librarian.
Peter Rogers Collection
Advertising galleys, magazine articles, campaign brochures, DVD and a dust jacket concerning Peter Rogers and Peter Rogers Associates. A graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, Rogers is an artist who became successful in public relations and advertising, specializing in fashion and cosmetics.
Gene D. Saucier Papers
Materials relating to the life of Representative Gene D. Saucier.
Dr. William K. Scarborough Collection
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
Gunther Schuller/Norbert Carnovale Collection
Research collection about noted composer, conductor, and musician Gunther Schuller assembled by USM professor of music Dr. Norbert Carnovale for his 1987 book: "Gunther Schuller: A Bio-bibliography". Copies of the book are available in the Cook Library, call number ML134.S398 C4 1987
T.P. Scott Papers
Raymond Seymour Papers
Kenneth B. Shearer Collection
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
John Ray Skates / History of the Mississippi Supreme Court Research Collection
Research for his book, A History of the Mississippi Supreme Court, 1817-1948.
Barbara Byrd Smith Collection
The collection contains memorabilia from Barbara Byrd Smith, class of 1954 Mississippi Southern College, from her 1952-53 school year.
Dr. James P. Smith Collection
The collection contains testimonies, articles, press releases, and documents on various aspects of Mississippi during the Hurricane Katrina disaster and the years of struggle for recovery on the Mississippi gulf coast. These materials were compiled by University of Southern Mississippi History Professor, James "Pat" Smith, in creating his book Hurricane Katrina: the Mississippi Story.
Elva Smith Collection
This collection contains materials related to State Teachers College.
Southern Book Arts Collection
Various materials relating to the USM Libraries’ Book Art Lecture Series.
Klaus & Elisabeth C. Speer Papers
Personal diaries of Elisabeth Speer, family Christmas letters, and scrapbook of newspaper clippings concerning Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Thomas Hiram Stanley Papers
This collection contains addresses, programs, and photographs.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 174
- University Archives 2
- Photographs. 86
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 85
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 77
- Letter. 74
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68
- Records (Documents). 65
- Programs (Publications). 41
- Periodicals. 40
- Memorabilia. 36
- Albums (Books). 30
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 29
- Books. 28
- Manuscript. 28
- Speech. 25
- Financial documents. 24
- Brochures. 22
- Postcards. 22
- Newsletters. 21
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 20 + ∧ less
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 2
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 2
- Long, James S., Dr. 2
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- University of Southern Mississippi. 2 + ∧ less