Showing Collections: 151 - 176 of 176
STATE of Mississippi BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAMINERS et al. v. Ray Coxe
Photocopy of trial record made at request of Professor John Alcorn, chairman of Couseling Psychology and Counseling Education.
Peter Stocks Papers
Documentation of the life and career of Dr. Peter Stocks, professor of microbiology and chair of the Department of Microbiology at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Polly Stout Collection
Wilbur White Stout Papers
Student Research Papers
The research papers in this collection were donated by the individuals who authored them, or the professor for whom they were written. The collection contains seven research papers organized alphabetically by the author's last name.
Fr. John B. Switzer Collection
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
Christopher J.J. Thiry Sports Card Collection
Thirty-nine sports cards of former University of Southern Mississippi students.
Dr. Robert J. and Patricia Tuley Papers
Various papers from Professor of Music and his wife, Pat.
Tung Oil Research and Development Collection
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
University of Southern Mississippi Name Change
Audio tape of 1962 radio interview with Governor Ross Barnett, Lt. Gov. Paul B. Johnson, Jr., and President William D. McCain of The University of Southern Mississippi, formerly Mississippi Southern College.
Benjamin O. Van Hook Papers
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Sharon Vanek Drawings
J. Fred Walker Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
Sidney E.L., Jr., Ed. D. and Martha Weatherford Collection
Account of the desegregation of the University of Southern Mississippi as remembered by the author in 2010, in addition to 2 books by the author and material donated by Dr. Weatherford and Mrs. Weatherford.
Edward M. Wheat Papers
Publications and professional papers reflecting the 23-year career of USM professor of political science.
Ed Wheeler Collection
Photographs collected by Ed Wheeler. Many were taken by his former students at USM.
Velma Lou Lewis White Collection
Andrew A. Wiest Collection
The collection contains information and pictures regarding World War II and the Vietnam War. Items range from photocopies of books and articles to interviews of Vietnam soldiers to material regarding Vietnam battles such as Hamburger Hill.
Dr. Leon A. Wilber Collection
Publications produced by Dr. Leon Wilber.
Bell I. Wiley: Typescript of Southern Negroes, 1861-1865
Maude Williams Essay
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Paul Yoder Musical Scores
Original and published scores of Paul Yoder's compositions for marching bands.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Luigi Zaninelli Collection
Scores and other material created by noted American composer and USM professor of music.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 174
- University Archives 2
- Photographs. 86
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 85
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 77
- Letter. 74
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68
- Records (Documents). 65
- Programs (Publications). 41
- Periodicals. 40
- Memorabilia. 36
- Albums (Books). 30
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 29
- Books. 28
- Manuscript. 28
- Speech. 25
- Financial documents. 24
- Brochures. 22
- Postcards. 22
- Newsletters. 21
- University of Southern Mississippi -- History. 20 + ∧ less
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 2
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 2
- Long, James S., Dr. 2
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 2
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- University of Southern Mississippi. 2 + ∧ less