Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Bound originals and copies of documents for several heritage organizations in which Dr. McCain was a member and/or officer.
Overview Bound travel journals written by Dr. William D. McCain.
Overview Pamphlets collected by USM president on communism, civil rights, desegregation, and other race-related topics; a speech on Freedom by Dr. McCain and two books on Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism.
Scope and Contents The bulk of the Mary Winton Pulley Papers consists of diaries dating from 1936 until Mary Pulley's death in 1956. She writes of her daily activities as registrar for Mississippi Southern College, as well as about family members, gardening activities, friends and social events, obligations as a sorority sponsor, genealogy, and travel.Names of colleagues and friends, places of interest, and events of the times are mentioned throughout the 20 year span of her diaries. She writes of...
- Names: McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 X
- Records (Documents). 3
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 2
- Diaries. 2
- Genealogy. 2
- Letter. 2
- Mississippi -- Social life and customs. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Books. 1
- Broadsides. 1
- Brochures. 1
- Civil rights. 1
- Clubs. 1
- Communism. 1
- Fliers (Ephemera). 1
- Fraternal organizations. 1
- Greeting cards. 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 1
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 1
- Knights of Malta. 1
- Memoir. 1 ∧ less
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Pulley, Mary Winton, 1885-1956 1