Showing Collections: 1 - 26 of 26
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
The Wesley James Ellzey Papers contains documents and a ledger pertaining to his activities as a school teacher in Pike County, Mississippi. Ellzey also served as a Justice of the Peace during the late 1870s and early 1880s.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
This collection contains documents and photographs.
Mississippi Association of Educational Office Professionals (MAEOP): Higher Education Division Records
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Materials relating to the life of Representative Gene D. Saucier.
Correspondence, video, other materials documenting the life and early death in the Vietnam War of this Congressional Medal of Honor winner.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Letter. 24
- Photographs. 23
- Records (Documents). 22
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 21
- Memorabilia. 17
- Albums (Books). 15
- Periodicals. 15
- Certificates. 13
- Programs (Publications). 13
- Speech. 13
- Newsletters. 11
- Books. 10
- Brochures. 9
- Financial documents. 9
- Greeting cards. 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 8
- Civil rights. 6
- Clubs. 6
- Diplomas. 6 + ∧ less
- French 1
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Ellzey, Wesley James (1830-1918) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1 + ∧ less