Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 190
103d Infantry Division Collection
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Garret Smith Ainsworth Papers
Creighton Allen Collection
Creighton Allen, born in Macon, Mississippi, was a pianist and composer. The collection contains a scrapbook, correspondence, sheet music and miscellaneous documents.
John G. Armistead Collection
Manuscripts of novels and related papers by Mississippi author.
Woodrow “Woodie” Assaf Papers
Materials that document the life and career of radio and television personality, Woodie Assaf.
David Batzka Civil Rights Collection
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami Papers
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
David C. Berry, Jr. Papers
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
Edna Bishop Papers
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Daniel S. Blumenthal Papers
The Blumenthal papers are a relatively small, but diverse collection of materials; the papers are divided into two series.
Bolton Family Collection
Raylawni Branch Collection
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
William T. Brannon Papers
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Harold Branton 103d Infantry Division Collection
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Kate B. Brown Papers
Katherine Brown Scrapbook
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Madge Burney Papers
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Business and Professional Women’s Club, Gulfport, Mississippi
Correspondence, copied newspaper clippings, and other materials pertaining to activates of the Business and Professional Women’s Club.
Eugene V. Cameron/USS Biloxi Collection
Eugene V. Cameron served aboard the U.S.S. Biloxi during his tenure in the U.S. Navy during World War II. The U.S.S. Biloxi was commissioned in 1943 and served in the Pacific Ocean. The ship was decommissioned in 1946.
Camp Shelby History Collection
Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Henry Tim Chambers Collection
This collection contains publications, correspondence, numerical systems, and miscellaneous subjects pertaining to poet, Henry Tim Chambers.
Linus West Clark Papers
Scrapbooks, photographs, and Air Force Manuals from Mississippi Gulf Coast resident.
William M. Colmer Papers
Wayne & Minnie Cox African American History Collection
Crosby Family Letters and Miscellaneous Ledgers
This collection contains Crosby family correspondence, ledger, and financial reports of the Native and Ten Mile lumber companies of Mississippi.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 160
- Photographs. 123
- Records (Documents). 113
- Albums (Books). 56
- Memorabilia. 56
- Programs (Publications). 56
- Periodicals. 55
- Financial documents. 51
- Newsletters. 50
- Brochures. 46
- Manuscript. 38
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 36
- Books. 34
- Speech. 33
- Clubs. 31
- Civil rights. 29
- Fliers (Ephemera). 29
- Certificates. 28
- Greeting cards. 27 + ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 4
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 4
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 3
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 3
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 2 + ∧ less