Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 190
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Donald Clyde Simmons Jr., Ph.D. Collection
Political memorabilia, research collections, personal and family materials of a historian and student of state, national, and international politics.
Lewis E. & Albertine M. Skilton Papers
Renee Adrienne Smith Collection on the Alfred Burton Stuart Family
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Susan Hasalo Sojourner Collection
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
Lawrence D. Spears Civil Rights Collection
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
Klaus & Elisabeth C. Speer Papers
Personal diaries of Elisabeth Speer, family Christmas letters, and scrapbook of newspaper clippings concerning Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Rose Budd Stevens Papers
Polly Stout Collection
Wilbur White Stout Papers
Stovall Family Collection
The Stovall Family Association records and research material.
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
Temple B'Nai Israel Records
The B’Nai Israel congregation has served the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area since 1890. The Jewish community of Hattiesburg has a long history of prominent citizens and business owners. This collection contains materials related to Temple B’Nai Israel in Hattiesburg.
S. G. Thigpen Sr. Papers
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
Melvin R. L. Tingle Mississippi History Collection
Photocopies of the following originals in Mr. Melvin Tingle's Okla Museum in Decatur, Mississippi:
1. Business ledger (ca. 1837-1839) of the James Ellis General Store, which operated in Decatur, Mississippi. Decatur, Mississippi
2. Land deed in Newton County, Mississippi (December 8, 1837) between Isham and Jane Dansby and Benjamin F. Tingle.
3. Affidavit regarding the character of B. F. Tingle (November 27, 1908).
Maymie Pitts Tomicich Yearbook
Copy of the 1924 "Pine Burr", the yearbook of Mississippi Woman's College (now William Carey College) in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, which belonged to Mrs. Maymie Pitts Tomicich, who added photographs, newspaper clippings, and handwriten notes.
Tung Oil Research and Development Collection
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
United Daughters of the Confederacy, Nathan Bedford Forrest Chapter Records
United States Forest Service, Harrison Experimental Forest Station Collection
Photographs, slides, maps, and manuscripts produced by Station scientists and staff.
United States of America vs. Theron C. Lynd, Registrar of Voters for Forrest County, Mississippi - Legal case
Court records of a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against a county registrar of voters for infringing the civil rights of black citizens by denying them the right to vote.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Mobile District, Hurricane Camille Collection
Items relating to Hurricane Camille disaster operations by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Mobile District.
Dr. J. Roy Valencourt Papers
Primarily photocopies of newspaper clippings regarding the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s and Dr. J. Roy Valencourt's participation.
Benjamin O. Van Hook Papers
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Ernest A. Walen Collection
This is a collection of documents collected by Ernest A. Walen of Longmeadow, Massachusetts. The collection contains original letters, orders, printed material, official documents, photographs, newspaper clippings, prints, etc. covering the 19th Century with an emphasis on American Civil War materials and some 20th Century materials concerning the Civil War. Most of the material on the Civil War concerns the Confederacy, with some Federal documents included.
David Walls Collection on the Child Development Group of Mississippi
Dorothy Pool Ware Collection
The Bride's Book: Mrs. D.C. Wate (Hattiesburg), 1926/27.
University Composition book.
1947 letter to "Milly" from her mother.
Samuel J. Wells Collection
Manuscripts, galley proofs, other relating to his book After Removal: The Choctaws in Mississippi and additional Native American research materials.
Velma Lou Lewis White Collection
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 160
- Photographs. 123
- Records (Documents). 113
- Albums (Books). 56
- Memorabilia. 56
- Programs (Publications). 56
- Periodicals. 55
- Financial documents. 51
- Newsletters. 50
- Brochures. 46
- Manuscript. 38
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 36
- Books. 34
- Speech. 33
- Clubs. 31
- Civil rights. 29
- Fliers (Ephemera). 29
- Certificates. 28
- Greeting cards. 27 + ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 4
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 4
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 3
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 3
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 2 + ∧ less