Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 9
- Letter. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Brochures. 7
- Periodicals. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Manuscript. 6
- Newsletters. 6
- Books. 5
- Certificates. 5
- Financial documents. 5
- Speech. 5
- Awards. 4
- Civil rights. 4
- Compact discs. 4
- Diplomas. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Funchess, Glenda, 1954- 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1 + ∧ less