Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The Adams County Broadside collection contains one article titled “Paul Johnson Murdered!”, which recounts the alleged murder of Paul Johnson—owner of Selma Plantation in Natchez, Mississippi—by Ed Carter, one of Johnson’s African American tenants. This collection would be particularly important for researchers studying Southern plantations, sharecropping, and interracial relationships in the South in the late nineteenth or early twentieth century.
Advertisement for settlers in northeastern Mississippi and southwestern Tennessee area.
Pamphlets collected by USM president on communism, civil rights, desegregation, and other race-related topics; a speech on Freedom by Dr. McCain and two books on Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism.
Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
Various materials relating to the USM Libraries’ Book Art Lecture Series.
This is a collection of documents collected by Ernest A. Walen of Longmeadow, Massachusetts. The collection contains original letters, orders, printed material, official documents, photographs, newspaper clippings, prints, etc. covering the 19th Century with an emphasis on American Civil War materials and some 20th Century materials concerning the Civil War. Most of the material on the Civil War concerns the Confederacy, with some Federal documents included.
- Records (Documents). 6
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 5
- Financial documents. 5
- Letter. 5
- Photographs. 5
- Business records. 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Brochures. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Posters. 3
- Speech. 3
- Biographies. 2
- Books. 2
- Clubs. 2
- Governors -- Mississippi. 2
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 2
- Legal case and case notes. 2
- Legal forms. 2
- Lieutenant governors -- Mississippi. 2 ∧ less
- Adams County, Mississippi. Committee of Law and Order 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Illinois Central Railroad Company. IC (1851–1999) 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Martin , J. M. 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Walen, Ernest A., 1896-1969 1 ∧ less