Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Photographs. 7
- Memorabilia. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 5
- Diplomas. 4
- Essay. 4
- Government publications. 4
- Invitation cards. 4
- Legal forms. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Speech. 4
- Awards. 3
- Books. 3 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 ∧ less