Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Newsletters. 3
- African Americans. 2
- Books. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Essay. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2
- Menus. 2
- Periodicals. 2
- Postcards. 2
- Posters. 2 ∧ less
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1