Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 14
- Records (Documents). 14
- Memorabilia. 13
- Certificates. 9
- Newsletters. 9
- Periodicals. 9
- Programs (Publications). 9
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Books. 7
- Government publications. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7
- Legal forms. 7
- Minutes (Records). 7
- Clubs. 6
- Diplomas. 6
- Essay. 6 ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Illinois Central Railroad Company. IC (1851–1999) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1 ∧ less