Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
James A. Bateman Papers
Poetry, essays, manuscripts, and published works by James Andy Bateman.
Civil Rights in the South Collection
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Ed Hamlett White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Charles F. Heartman Papers
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Vernon & Bonnie Fleming Merrifield Collection
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
Nuclear Waste Disposal Research Collection
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Tom Rhea Phillips III Collection
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Herbert Randall Freedom Summer Photographs
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Peter Rogers Collection
Advertising galleys, magazine articles, campaign brochures, DVD and a dust jacket concerning Peter Rogers and Peter Rogers Associates. A graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, Rogers is an artist who became successful in public relations and advertising, specializing in fashion and cosmetics.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Tung Oil Research and Development Collection
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Letter. 17
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 16
- Photographs. 16
- Records (Documents). 14
- Newsletters. 11
- Memorabilia. 10
- Programs (Publications). 10
- Financial documents. 9
- Government publications. 8
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 8
- Books. 7
- Civil rights. 7
- Albums (Books). 6
- Certificates. 6
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 6
- Essay. 6
- Fliers (Ephemera). 6
- Legal forms. 6 + ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bateman, Doris, 1914-2011 1
- Bateman, James A., James Andy, 1912- 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1 + ∧ less