Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
This collection contains a postcard and photographs of Catherine Crowell and her friends during their service in the Army Nurse Corps and the Women’s Army Corps in the during World War II. Also photographed in this collection are patients who she took care of during her service, and buildings within Camp Shelby.
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
A booklet of photographic images and historical information regarding the services and activities of a U. S. O. Club for African American servicemen and their families during World War II.
The N. V. Hannegan Camp Shelby Letters Collection is comprised of twenty-five letters written between Corporal Norbert Hannegan and his sister, May Hannegan, while he was stationed at Camp Shelby, Mississippi in 1943. One letter is written by Cpl. Hannegan’s aunt, Sister Ann Vincent of Nazareth, Kentucky. This collection is of interest to researchers studying World War II, Mississippi History, and religion.
Original photographs published in the Hattiesburg American.
Garland Sullivan was a member of the Board of Directors for both the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce and the Forrest County Development Foundation. The collection contains materials from the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce, Forrest County Development Foundation, Area Development Partnership, and other organizations from the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area.
Historical materials regarding the city of Hattiesburg and Camp Shelby, Mississippi.
Letter written to Mary B. Kimball by a hospital librarian at Camp Shelby, Mississippi.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Collection of issues of primarily American newspapers, including commemorative editions of papers published in Mississippi, Northern and Southern papers covering the Civil War, the Camp Shelby "Reveille", and others.
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
- Letter. 8
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Photographs. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Postcards. 6
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- World War, 1939-1945. 4
- Brochures. 3
- Certificates. 3
- Clubs. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Mississippi. 3
- Newspapers. 3
- Periodicals. 3 + ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dent 1
- Forrest County General Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.).. Forrest General Hospital. Forrest General Medical Center (1952-) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hannegan, Norbert V., Cpl., circa 1909-1968 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hester, Catherine Adeline Crowell, First Lieutenant, 1919-2014 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Lott, Trent, Senator, 1941- 1
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 1
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 1
- Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal (Miss.). PC-CAND 1
- Ron and Elizabeth Howard 1
- Sierra Club (1892-) 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1 + ∧ less