Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Genealogy research materials.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Certificates. 12
- Photographs. 12
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 11
- Brochures. 9
- Financial documents. 9
- Periodicals. 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Awards. 6
- Speech. 6
- Books. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- University of Southern Mississippi. 5
- Biographies. 4
- Calendar. 4
- Civil rights. 4
- Essay. 4
- Greeting cards. 4 ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Ogletree, Powell G. 1
- Puckett, Jonathan Gabriel Marvin 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1
- Rotary District 6840 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Tatum Family 1 ∧ less