Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Black Lives Matter Collection
Materials relating to the Black Lives Matter movement in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
A.I. and Fay Botnick Civil Rights Collection
Newspaper and magazine articles, journals, newspapers, bumper stickers, cartoons, etc. concerning anti-Semitism and Civil Rights.
Civil Rights in the South Collection
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
William M. Colmer Papers
Kathleen Dahl Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
P. D. East Collection
This collection contains materials related to the life and activities of P.D. East. Materials include personal papers, photographs, issues of East's The Petal Paper, a speech, and letters. This collection should be of interest to anyone researching the civil rights movement in Mississippi.
Erle E. Johnston, Jr. Papers
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Sheila Michaels Papers
Materials relating to the Civil Rights activities of S.N.C.C. field secretary who served as Project Manager of the COFO-Hattiesburg Project office during Freedom Summer.
Mississippi Burning Collection
Script, VHS, book, photographs, and memorabilia relating to the major motion film, Mississippi Burning.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Susan Hasalo Sojourner Collection
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
United States of America vs. Theron C. Lynd, Registrar of Voters for Forrest County, Mississippi - Legal case
Court records of a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against a county registrar of voters for infringing the civil rights of black citizens by denying them the right to vote.
Woods Guest House / Hattiesburg COFO Headquarters Collection
Brick salvaged from burned ruins of historic African American hotel and Civil Rights headquarters during Freedom Summer, with newspaper clipping about the building.
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
- Civil rights. 15
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Photographs. 11
- Letter. 10
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 9
- Periodicals. 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Posters. 7
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 6
- Brochures. 6
- Certificates. 6
- Newsletters. 6
- Books. 5
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 5
- Mississippi. 5
- Art original. 4
- Calendar. 4 + ∧ less
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 2
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 2
- ADL (Anti-defamation League) (1913-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Botnick, Adolph Ira (A.I. "B"), 1924-1995 1
- Botnick, Fay Rose Waldoff, 1926- 1
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- East, P. D. (Percy Dale), 1921-1971 1
- Gerolmo, Chris 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lynd, Theron C., Forrest County Circuit Clerk, 1920-1978 1 + ∧ less