Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
Scope and Contents The Theodore G. Bilbo Papers document the activities of the former Mississippi governor and United States Senator from approximately 1905-1947.This collection provides insight into the government of the state of Mississippi in the early decades of the twentieth century, as well as American culture, political climate, and governmental activities during the Great Depression and World War II. It paints a definitive portrait of one of Mississippi's most colorful and controversial...
William M. Colmer Papers
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
Republican Party of Forrest County Records
Scope and Contents This collection largely consists of the 1959-1963 correspondence of Fred D. Montague and Forrest County Republican Party Chairman, Clarence E. Tolar. Most of the correspondence was received from the Mississippi Republican Party headquarters, and much of this was signed by the state chairman, Wirt A. Yerger, Jr. Letters from other individuals and organizations are present, and some outgoing correspondence is also included. Much of the earlier correspondence concerns political patronage...
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Scope and Contents
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dates: 1900s; 1940s–1950s; Majority of material found within 1960s–2010s; Undated
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Photographs. 7
- Brochures. 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Certificates. 5
- Government publications. 5
- Legal forms. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Civil rights. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Manuscript. 4
- Mississippi. 4
- Postcards. 4 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Republican National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 + ∧ less