Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 158
East Sixth Street U. S. O. Club Souvenir Booklet
A booklet of photographic images and historical information regarding the services and activities of a U. S. O. Club for African American servicemen and their families during World War II.
Thomas G. Estes Papers
The collection includes:
1. Hattiesburg, Mississippi City Planning Commission materials.
2. Rotary Club materials.
3. Materials from a College Business Management class.
Asha Burgess Everett Collection
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
J.C. Fairley Civil Rights Collection
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
Francis Farmer Photographs
Photographs and negatives generated by Hattiesburg studio photographer Francis Farmer. The primary emphasis is weddings; but organizations, events, and portraits are also included.
L.E. Faulkner Papers
First Baptist Church Collection
Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
Caroline Force World War II Collection
An assortment of items Caroline Force collected including two letters written by her son, Roland Steele, who served with the U.S. Navy in the South Pacific during World War II, three unidentified photographs, a 1965 Christmas card, an un-cancelled check, and a business card for a Hattiesburg, Mississippi, hotel called ‘The Central’.
Forrest County, Mississippi, Criminal Record Book
Forrest County Poll Tax Receipts
Forrest County Poll Tax Receipts (A17, A18, A19) for 1964-1965. The receipts are in alphabetical order by voting precinct.
Forrest Motor Company Records
This collection contains a ledger.
Glenda Funchess Civil Rights Collection
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Hugh and Betty Garraway Collection
Hattiesburg area handbooks, directories, yearbooks and booklets.
Susan Victoria “Vicky” Garraway Collection (AM15-102)
Vicky Garraway was a lifetime resident of Hattiesburg, a graduate of Hattiesburg High School and University of Southern Mississippi. She taught in the Hattiesburg Public School System and was a former flight attendant for Eastern Airlines. She served in the Hattiesburg Medical Auxiliary, a lifetime member of the Junior Auxiliary and volunteer at the Abby Rogers Civitan Camp. She was a member of Trinity Episcopal Church.
Paul L. Gaston Insurance Agency Journal
This journal (1931-1935) from Paul L. Gaston's Hattiesburg, Mississippi, insurance agency contains a monthly record for each insurance company Gaston represented. These records include the names of his clients, a description of the property insured, the amount of the insurance, and the premiums paid. Significantly, the descriptions sometimes include addresses of the insured property.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Jinny Glass Mississippi Freedom Summer Diary
Diary of Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Palmer's Crossing Community Center and 1996 article on Freedom Summer.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Candy Brown Gonzalez Freedom Summer Photographs
Candy Brown Gonzalez of Los Angeles, participated in the Mississippi Freedom Summer Project from June to December 1964. The collection contains photographs she took while in Greenville, Issaquena County, McComb, Hattiesburg and Waveland.
Linda B. Grantham Collection
Scrapbook, newspaper clippings, and programs documenting the history of USM and Hattiesburg given by the former secretary of President Emeritus Lucas.
Blind Roosevelt Graves and Brother
The collection contains one CD, two cassette tapes, and one hardback book.
Reagan L. Grimsley Research Collection
Reagan Grimsley has written numerous archival and historical articles. He is also the author of "Enriching Lives: A Pictorial History of Columbus State University" and "Hattiesburg in Vintage Postcards".
William H. and Hattie L. Hardy Papers
Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
Anthony J. Harris Civil Rights Memoir
Memoir of his arrest as a child for picketing the Forrest County Courthouse during the Civil Rights Movement.
Hattiesburg American Photograph Collection
Original photographs published in the Hattiesburg American.
Hattiesburg Area Architectural Drawings
Blueprints, architectural drawings, and specifications for buildings constructed in the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area between 1956 and 1973.
Hattiesburg Area Rose Society
Files, newsletters, records, and minutes from the from the Hattiesburg Area Rose Society.
Hattiesburg Chamber of Commerce Collection
Garland Sullivan was a member of the Board of Directors for both the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce and the Forrest County Development Foundation. The collection contains materials from the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce, Forrest County Development Foundation, Area Development Partnership, and other organizations from the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 132
- Photographs. 69
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 68
- Letter. 61
- Records (Documents). 58
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- Social Life and customs. 35
- Financial documents. 34
- Programs (Publications). 34
- Albums (Books). 33
- Clubs. 33
- University of Southern Mississippi. 27
- Brochures. 26
- Memorabilia. 26
- Civil rights. 23
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 21
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 20
- Periodicals. 19
- Forrest County (Miss.) 18
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History -- 20th century. 18
- Minutes (Records). 18 + ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 6
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 3
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 3
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 3
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 2
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 2
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 2
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 2
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History. MDAH 2
- Mystic Krewe of Zeus (Hattiesburg, Miss.). (1924-) 2
- Owen, David 2
- Randall, Herbert, 1936- 2 + ∧ less