Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Civil Rights in the South Collection
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
William M. Colmer Papers
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Gregory E. Favre Collection
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Hattiesburg Historical Collection
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Margaret Thatch Hinton Collection
Photographs, brochures, news clippings, and mementos pertaining to the State Teachers College Band's participation in the "Know Mississippi Better" tours of the U.S. by train.
J. Brackin Kirkland Papers
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Nuclear Waste Disposal Research Collection
This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Rotary Club District 6840 Records
Organizational records of district encompassing the southern third of Mississippi and southeastern Louisiana.
- Photographs. 14
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 13
- Records (Documents). 13
- Newsletters. 10
- Periodicals. 10
- Fliers (Ephemera). 9
- Financial documents. 8
- Postcards. 8
- Albums (Books). 7
- Certificates. 7
- Calendar. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Books. 5
- Clubs. 5
- Diplomas. 5
- Government publications. 5 + ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hinton, Margaret Alice Thatch, 1907-2005 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1 + ∧ less