Showing Collections: 1 - 21 of 21
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
Garland Sullivan was a member of the Board of Directors for both the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce and the Forrest County Development Foundation. The collection contains materials from the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce, Forrest County Development Foundation, Area Development Partnership, and other organizations from the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
The Review Club was established as a literary and social club for women in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. From 1913-early 2020, it continued with much the same structure as established in 1913.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
This collection contains clippings, correspondence, memorabilia, menus, invitations, media, scrapbooks, photographs, speeches and planning materials for The Mystic Krewe of Zeus. The materials primarily date 1924-2020.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Pamphlets and programs from various Hattiesburg area activities, certificates and correspondence from the Office of Price Administration, and war bonds and ration books.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 19
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 19
- Photographs. 17
- Records (Documents). 15
- Financial documents. 11
- Memorabilia. 11
- Brochures. 9
- Certificates. 9
- Periodicals. 9
- Albums (Books). 8
- Diplomas. 8
- Greeting cards. 7
- Postcards. 7
- Speech. 7
- University of Southern Mississippi. 7
- Essay. 6
- Invitation cards. 6
- Newsletters. 6 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Dent 1
- Everett, Asha Laura Burgess, 1892-1990 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fairley, J. C. (Jimmy Carter), 1921- 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Funchess, Glenda, 1954- 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hardy, Hattie Lott, 1848-1895 1 ∧ less