Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 62
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Eugene V. Cameron served aboard the U.S.S. Biloxi during his tenure in the U.S. Navy during World War II. The U.S.S. Biloxi was commissioned in 1943 and served in the Pacific Ocean. The ship was decommissioned in 1946.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
A diverse collection of around 3,000 music compositions.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
Garland Sullivan was a member of the Board of Directors for both the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce and the Forrest County Development Foundation. The collection contains materials from the Hattiesburg Area Chamber of Commerce, Forrest County Development Foundation, Area Development Partnership, and other organizations from the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area.
Records of the Hattiesburg, Mississippi Group of the Sierra Club, including correspondence, reports, program and activities documentation, newsletters, and information regarding local, state, and national environmental concerns.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
The Review Club was established as a literary and social club for women in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. From 1913-early 2020, it continued with much the same structure as established in 1913.
Photographs, brochures, news clippings, and mementos pertaining to the State Teachers College Band's participation in the "Know Mississippi Better" tours of the U.S. by train.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 51
- Photographs. 46
- Records (Documents). 43
- Memorabilia. 27
- Newsletters. 26
- Periodicals. 23
- Financial documents. 22
- Brochures. 20
- Albums (Books). 19
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 19
- Speech. 19
- Clubs. 16
- Postcards. 16
- Awards. 15
- Certificates. 15
- Posters. 14
- Diplomas. 13
- Greeting cards. 13 ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 4
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- National Association of Parliamentarians. NAP 2
- Rotary District 6840 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burney, Madge, 1886-1953 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Carter, Jimmy, Jr., 39th President of the United States (James Earl), 1924- 1
- Child Development Group of Mississippi. CDGM 1 ∧ less