Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
John “Jack” Eckert Scrapbooks
The John “Jack” Eckert Scrapbook collection contains materials that relate to Col. John Eckert’s military service in World War I, World War II, and Korea, as well as information on other members of the Eckert family. This collection is particularly of interest to researchers studying American military history in the twentieth century.
Claude E. Fike World War II Diary
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
Rabbi Charles Mantinband Papers
Writings, correspondence, photographs, and condolence letters on the death of this outspoken proponent of Civil Rights and Rabbi at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Kenneth G. McCarty Papers
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Stephen C. Rose Papers
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
Samuel C. Shirah, Jr. Papers
The Samuel C. Shirah, Jr., Papers contain numerous newspaper articles and journal articles dating from 1962 until 1999. Included also are a number of letters both to and from Sam, FBI files relating to two imprisonments, several SNCC publications, and various related newsletters and journals. Although Sam Shirah died in 1980, his mother, Mrs. Oneita Shirah, continued to collect materials pertaining to the Civil Rights era through 1999, and some of these are included in this collection.
Susan Hasalo Sojourner Collection
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
S. G. Thigpen Sr. Papers
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
- Letter. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Records (Documents). 7
- Memorabilia. 5
- Diaries. 4
- Map. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Personal narratives. 4
- Books. 3
- Civil rights. 3
- Essay. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Newsletters. 3
- Newspapers. 3
- Art original. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Business records. 2 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Eckert, John Prosper "Jack", Colonel, 1894-1966 1
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Mantinband, Charles, Rabbi, 1895-1974 1
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 1
- Rose, Stephen C., 1936- 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Temple B'Nai Israel (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1900-) 1
- Thigpen Hardware Company (1919-1960) 1
- Thigpen, S. G., Sr. (Samuel Grady) 1 + ∧ less