Showing Collections: 61 - 82 of 82
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Donald Clyde Simmons Jr., Ph.D. Collection
Political memorabilia, research collections, personal and family materials of a historian and student of state, national, and international politics.
Elva Smith Collection
This collection contains materials related to State Teachers College.
Rufus M. and Carolyn M. Smith World War I Collection
The collection contains postcards, photographs, books, brochures, and newsletters from World War I.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church Collection
Various publications from the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church located at 3117 West 4th Street in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
M. James Stevens Mississippi and Gulf Coast Research Collection
Thelma Stevens Papers
The Thelma Stevens Papers collection contains personal materials, manuscript materials, published materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Ti’ak Lodge 404 Collection
Material received from estate sale conducted by K & D Sales – Estate, Moving & Clean-Out Sales.
Douglas Tiberiis White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by White Folks Project volunteer.
Tung Oil Research and Development Collection
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
United Daughters of the Confederacy, Nathan Bedford Forrest Chapter Records
United States Daughters of 1812 Newsletter
Copies of the "News-Letter" of the United States Daughters of 1812, July 1984 through August 1990.
USS Biloxi Collection
Photographs, ship's newsletter, newspaper clippings, and a menu from the only U.S. Navy ship named for a Mississippi city.
Dr. J. Roy Valencourt Papers
Primarily photocopies of newspaper clippings regarding the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s and Dr. J. Roy Valencourt's participation.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
J. Fred Walker Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM professor of biological sciences.
David Walls Collection on the Child Development Group of Mississippi
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Letter. 59
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 58
- Records (Documents). 57
- Photographs. 51
- Periodicals. 36
- Programs (Publications). 32
- Brochures. 31
- Memorabilia. 25
- Albums (Books). 19
- Financial documents. 19
- Civil rights. 16
- Clubs. 15
- Fliers (Ephemera). 15
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 15
- Map. 15
- Books. 14
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 14
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 14
- Awards. 12 + ∧ less
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History. MDAH 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 2
- Winter, William F., 58th Governor of Mississippi (William Forrest) 2
- ADL (Anti-defamation League) (1913-) 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1 + ∧ less