Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 54
UNPROCESSED materials from the 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II.
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Correspondence, copied newspaper clippings, and other materials pertaining to activates of the Business and Professional Women’s Club.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
A diverse collection of around 3,000 music compositions.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Jay Higginbotham. Items range from such things as personal correspondence to biographical information to his list of works.
The papers of Rev. Graham R. Hodges consist primarily of materials created by him, and they constitute a somewhat in-depth look at his career as an author and as a minister. The collection is divided into three series:
Series I: Created Subject Files (Boxes 1 - 2)
Series II: Articles, Sermons, and Stories (Boxes 2 - 3)
Series III: Manuscripts (Boxes 3 - 11)
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Material on Germany during Third Reich, donated in memory of Armin D. Lehmann.
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 47
- Photographs. 42
- Records (Documents). 41
- Newsletters. 25
- Brochures. 23
- Albums (Books). 22
- Memorabilia. 22
- Programs (Publications). 21
- Books. 19
- Financial documents. 17
- Manuscript. 16
- Speech. 15
- Awards. 14
- Certificates. 12
- Fliers (Ephemera). 12
- Map. 12
- Postcards. 12
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 12 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 2
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, Don 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1 ∧ less