Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 25
David C. Berry, Jr. Papers
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Raylawni Branch Collection
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Virginia Isabelle Felder Papers
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Patricia Marton Collection
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Neil R. McMillen Collection
Vernon & Bonnie Fleming Merrifield Collection
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
Powell G. Ogletree Papers
This collection contains materials related to Powell Ogletree.
Tom Rhea Phillips III Collection
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Peggy W. Prenshaw Collection
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
Jonathan Puckett Research Collection
Genealogy research materials.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dr. William K. Scarborough Collection
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
Kenneth B. Shearer Collection
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Tung Oil Research and Development Collection
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
Dr. Leon A. Wilber Collection
Publications produced by Dr. Leon Wilber.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 20
- Photographs. 19
- Records (Documents). 19
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 13
- Memorabilia. 11
- University of Southern Mississippi. 11
- Newsletters. 10
- Albums (Books). 9
- Brochures. 9
- Programs (Publications). 9
- Speech. 9
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 9
- Books. 8
- Financial documents. 8
- Certificates. 7
- Greeting cards. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7
- Postcards. 7 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1 + ∧ less