Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Poetry, essays, manuscripts, and published works by James Andy Bateman.
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Jay Higginbotham. Items range from such things as personal correspondence to biographical information to his list of works.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 6
- Letter. 6
- Authors. 5
- Authors -- Mississippi. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- Books. 3
- Brochures. 3
- Legal forms. 3
- Certificates. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2
- Mississippi. 2
- Negatives. 2
- Poetry. 2
- Poets. 2
- Teachers. 2
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 2 + ∧ less
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Bateman, Doris, 1914-2011 1
- Bateman, James A., James Andy, 1912- 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Higginbotham, Jay (Prieur Jay), 1937- 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- McMillen, Neil R., Dr., 1939- 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 1 + ∧ less