Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Frank D. Barber Papers
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
David C. Berry, Jr. Papers
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
A.I. and Fay Botnick Civil Rights Collection
Newspaper and magazine articles, journals, newspapers, bumper stickers, cartoons, etc. concerning anti-Semitism and Civil Rights.
Raylawni Branch Collection
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Circus, Minstrel and Traveling Show Collection
Posters, route cards and book, annual, magazine, program of several circuses that performed in Mississippi.
Civil Rights in the South Collection
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Hattiesburg Historical Collection
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
John L. Pendergrass Collection of Political Campaign Materials
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Peter Rogers Collection
Advertising galleys, magazine articles, campaign brochures, DVD and a dust jacket concerning Peter Rogers and Peter Rogers Associates. A graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, Rogers is an artist who became successful in public relations and advertising, specializing in fashion and cosmetics.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Posters. 15
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Letter. 11
- Photographs. 11
- Programs (Publications). 11
- Memorabilia. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Brochures. 9
- Newsletters. 7
- Fliers (Ephemera). 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Political campaigns. 6
- Postcards. 6
- Albums (Books). 5
- Civil rights. 5
- Manuscript. 5
- Newspapers. 5
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 5
- Books. 4 + ∧ less
- ADL (Anti-defamation League) (1913-) 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Botnick, Adolph Ira (A.I. "B"), 1924-1995 1
- Botnick, Fay Rose Waldoff, 1926- 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1 + ∧ less