Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Harold Branton 103d Infantry Division Collection
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
James M. Edwards Collection
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Hattiesburg Track Club Collection
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Louella Gill Milner Collection
Materials documenting Louella Gill Milner's years as a student at Mississippi Southern College and later the University of Southern Mississippi.
Rotary Club of Hattiesburg Records
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Records (Documents). 10
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Periodicals. 7
- Memorabilia. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Albums (Books). 5
- Brochures. 5
- Clubs. 5
- Speech. 5
- Books. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Certificates. 3
- Compact discs. 3
- Essay. 3
- Financial documents. 3
- Greeting cards. 3 + ∧ less
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Pendergrass, John L., M.D. 1
- Rotary Club of Hattiesburg (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1918-) 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Winstead, W. Arthur, Mississippi Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives (William Arthur), 1904-1995 1 + ∧ less