Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials relating to the Black Lives Matter movement in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Newspaper and magazine articles, journals, newspapers, bumper stickers, cartoons, etc. concerning anti-Semitism and Civil Rights.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Items related to Ann Mulloy Ashmore and her experiences as chair of the Oklahoma IWY Coordination Committee. Marjorie Spruill Wheeler at The University of Southern Mississippi conducted her oral history for inclusion of her book: Divided We Stand: The Battle over Women’s Rights and Family Values that Polarized American Politics.
Ephemera from the Mississippi Book Festival held at the Mississippi State Capital in Jackson, Mississippi.
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
- Posters. 18
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 15
- Letter. 13
- Photographs. 11
- Programs (Publications). 11
- Periodicals. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Postcards. 8
- Brochures. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Newspapers. 7
- Political campaigns. 7
- Civil rights. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- University of Southern Mississippi. 6
- Albums (Books). 5
- Books. 5
- Calendar. 5 + ∧ less
- ADL (Anti-defamation League) (1913-) 1
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Botnick, Adolph Ira (A.I. "B"), 1924-1995 1
- Botnick, Fay Rose Waldoff, 1926- 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Democratic Party (Miss.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Dixie Darlings (Dance team). (1954-) 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1 + ∧ less