Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
William M. Colmer Papers
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Leslie A. Falk African American History Research Collection
Materials regarding the Underground Railroad and other aspects of African American history collected by Dr. Falk, the first Medical Committee for Human Rights Field Secretary in Mississippi.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Neil R. McMillen Collection
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
United States of America vs. Theron C. Lynd, Registrar of Voters for Forrest County, Mississippi - Legal case
Court records of a lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against a county registrar of voters for infringing the civil rights of black citizens by denying them the right to vote.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Christopher Wilson Freedom Summer Collection
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Civil rights. 8
- Photographs. 8
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 7
- African Americans. 6
- Brochures. 6
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 6
- Periodicals. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Certificates. 5
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 5
- Essay. 5
- Financial documents. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Memorabilia. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Speech. 5
- Awards. 4 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Falk, Leslie A (Leslie Alan), 1915- 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lynd, Theron C., Forrest County Circuit Clerk, 1920-1978 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- McMillen, Neil R., Dr., 1939- 1
- Roberts, M. M., Dr. (Malcomb Mettie), 1895-1982 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1 + ∧ less