Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
Typescripts and galley proofs of books written by USM professor of counseling psychology, and other published material.
Material from USM History Professor Glenn T. Harper.
The collection contains material pertaining to the writings and publications of Dr. James G. Hollandsworth, correspondence, and manuscripts.
This collection contains the literary and academic manuscripts of Dr. Charles Moorman, as well as his personal correspondence with the members of the professional and academic organizations of which he was a part.
In 1999, English professor Noel Polk left to McCain Library and Archives many documents, namely correspondence related to his work as an English professor and researcher. Topics such as academia, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, southern literature, and Natchez before 1830 are covered.
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
- Records (Documents). 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 6
- Photographs. 5
- Periodicals. 4
- American literature -- Southern States. 3
- Books. 3
- Newsletters. 3
- Authors -- Mississippi. 2
- Authors. 2
- Diaries. 2
- Essay. 2
- Poetry. 2
- Posters. 2
- Race relations. 2
- Résumés (Employment). 2
- Typescripts. 2
- African Americans -- History. 1 ∧ less
- Welty, Eudora, 1909-2001 2
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Faulkner, William, 1897-1962 1
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 1
- Gutsch, Kenneth Urial, 1925-2018 1
- Hollandsworth, James G., Jr., Dr., 1944-2010 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- McMillen, Neil R., Dr., 1939- 1
- Polk, Noel, 1943-2012 1
- Prenshaw, Peggy Whitman 1
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 1
- Spencer, Elizabeth, 1921- 1
- Tate, Allen, 1899-1979 1
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 1
- Young, Thomas Daniel, 1919-1997 1 ∧ less