Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 942
Alec D. Galloway Genealogy Collection
Guy L. Gammon WWII Collection
This collection consists of materials relating to the Crash Boat Base in Ocean Springs, Mississippi during WWII.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
George G. Garner / Daniel Ruggles Message
Hugh and Betty Garraway Collection
Hattiesburg area handbooks, directories, yearbooks and booklets.
Susan Victoria “Vicky” Garraway Collection (AM15-102)
Vicky Garraway was a lifetime resident of Hattiesburg, a graduate of Hattiesburg High School and University of Southern Mississippi. She taught in the Hattiesburg Public School System and was a former flight attendant for Eastern Airlines. She served in the Hattiesburg Medical Auxiliary, a lifetime member of the Junior Auxiliary and volunteer at the Abby Rogers Civitan Camp. She was a member of Trinity Episcopal Church.
Martin Witherspoon Gary Papers
Paul L. Gaston Insurance Agency Journal
This journal (1931-1935) from Paul L. Gaston's Hattiesburg, Mississippi, insurance agency contains a monthly record for each insurance company Gaston represented. These records include the names of his clients, a description of the property insured, the amount of the insurance, and the premiums paid. Significantly, the descriptions sometimes include addresses of the insured property.
Gathering at the River: South Mississippi's Methodist Camp Meetings
Video tapes and edit sheets of documentary produced by Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.
William Gaudet World War II Okinawa Photographs
This collection contains photographs taken by William Gaudet while stationed on the island of Okinawa, Japan from 1945 to 1946. The photographs range from a series of photos taken at a leper colony, to military camp scenes and U.S. Naval ships sunk by a typhoon. For anyone interested in the Pacific theatre during World War II, these photographs show war-ravaged Okinawa and Tokyo, as well as the local people living there.
James D. Gautier Letter
Judge Charles Gayarré Letter
The Judge Charles Gayarré Letter includes a two-page, front-and-back letter that defends the possibility of Louisiana seceding from the United States. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the Civil War and Louisiana history.
J.B. George Papers
Sherman George Funeral Announcement
Funeral announcement for John George's son Sherman, dated July 21, 1880, Grenada, Mississippi.
Mildred "Myra" Pace Germany Collection
Materials relating to 1923 graduate, Mrs. Mildred "Myra" Pace Germany. Mrs. Germany was born January 5, 1900, in Newton County, Mississippi. She died June 22, 2004.
Samuel Jameson Gholson Letter
In this letter dated April 13, 1863, from Verona, Mississippi, addressed to Brigadier General Daniel Ruggles, Columbus, Mississippi, Samuel J. Gholson recommends Captain J.F. White, as opposed to Major Inge, for command of certain troops in a portion of General Ruggles' First Military District (in northern Mississippi). He cites disaffection among the men toward Major Inge and Captain White's ability to manage personnel "of the order of border men."
Sarah Gillespie Collection
Files, notebooks, and other memorabilia mostly related to the Gulf Coast.
Margaret Eitel Gilliam Ledger
One handwritten ledger from 1815, believed to be from a bar in north Mississippi.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Clyde Ginn Education Materials
This collection includes materials collected for research, reel to reel films, student papers and tests, as well as class materials.
Jinny Glass Mississippi Freedom Summer Diary
Diary of Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Palmer's Crossing Community Center and 1996 article on Freedom Summer.
Harry R. Godman Letters
Letters to Godman in Terry, Mississippi regarding Civil War and Reconstruction.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Gonzales, Louisiana, Baptist Church Records
Church roll, minutes, reports, budgets, correspondence.
Candy Brown Gonzalez Freedom Summer Photographs
Candy Brown Gonzalez of Los Angeles, participated in the Mississippi Freedom Summer Project from June to December 1964. The collection contains photographs she took while in Greenville, Issaquena County, McComb, Hattiesburg and Waveland.
Bonnie Carter Gooding Collection
Materials documenting the Lamar Elementary School, of which Mrs. Gooding was principal, and other Hattiesburg and South Mississippi public schools.
Jill Wakeman Goodman Civil Rights Collection
Materials relating to her activities with the Delta Ministry in Mississippi.
Goodyear Yellow Pine Company Photographs
Albert F. Gordon Freedom Rider Collection
Lists of Freedom Riders, arrest records, investigative reports, correspondence, newspaper clippings, etc.
This collection should be of value to researchers interested in the Freedom Rides and the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
- Repository: Historical Manuscripts and Photographs X
- Letter. 378
- Photographs. 306
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 275
- Records (Documents). 273
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 132
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 94
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 76
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 67
- University of Southern Mississippi. 66 + ∧ less
- English 937
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less