Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 942
Richmond Barthé Collection
These materials on Richmond Barthé were brought together in 1979 and 1980, and 1998 and 1999 as a special collection for research purposes of Associate Professor Harry C. Ward of the University of Southern Mississippi Art Department. These items describe the personal and professional life of Richmond Barthé.
Freddie Lynn Bass Collection
Original drawings and text for booklet Common Herbs in Colonial Gardens.
James A. Bateman Papers
Poetry, essays, manuscripts, and published works by James Andy Bateman.
James Edward Bates Photograph Collection
Material related to James Edward Bates’ photograph exhibit on the Ku Klux Klan “Passing the Torch” held in Cook Library.
Batson Family Deeds
Photocopies of deeds for land now in Stone County, Mississippi.
David Batzka Civil Rights Collection
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Pete Shows Baucum Collection
Genealogy research files.
John Baylis Homestead Certificate
Homestead certificate issued to John M. Baylis signed by President Chester A. Arthur, December 30, 1884.
George Beatty and John Heimer Ledger
Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard Papers
Documents written by and at the command of General Beauregard in Charleston, South Carolina.
Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard Papers
Beauvoir: Memorial to the Lost Cause
Byron De La Beckwith, Sr. Letters
Material from the Mississippi State Hospital in Whitfield, Mississippi, where B. Beckwith, Sr. was confined for observation in 1963, in connection with his trial for the murder of civil rights activist Medgar Evers.
Granville W. and Mary Caroline Belcher Letters
George Alfred Bell Letters
Ray L. Bellande Papers
Copies of this Ocean Springs Record columnist's "Sous Les Chenes", "Images Under the Oaks" and “Vintage Village Vues” columns, and related research materials.
Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami Papers
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Stewart L. Bennett Civil War Collection
Research collection about Union soldier Charles Dana Miller, including the diary of Union Captain R.S. Chamberlain.
David C. Berry, Jr. Papers
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
James Berry Family Scrapbook
Scrapbook for the April 2015 ceremony during which donor’s family planted four magnolia trees on-campus to represent three generations of attendance at USM.
Joe Berryman Collection
Musical instruments, record albums, trophies, photographs, manuscript and published musical scores, composing notes of noted Southern bandsman and USM professor.
Bethea Family Collection
Genealogical materials of the Bethea family, at least partially from Hattiesburg. It consists of notebooks, folders and miscellaneous documents.
Bethel Baptist Church (Newton Co.) Minutes
Minutes and membership lists of Newton County, Mississippi church.
Bethel Methodist Church Class Book and Membership Rolls
Classbook and membership lists.
Beverly Drive-In Collection
Memorabilia from the Beverly Drive-In Theatre and the Broadway Drive-In Theatre.
Richard Beymer Freedom Summer Collection
Dr. Roy G. Bigelow Collection
Two items Dr. Roy G. Bigelow had with him during his time in France during WWI.
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
Edna Bishop Papers
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
- Repository: Historical Manuscripts and Photographs X
- Letter. 378
- Photographs. 306
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 275
- Records (Documents). 273
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 132
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 94
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 76
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 67
- University of Southern Mississippi. 66 + ∧ less
- English 937
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less