Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 942
Henry W. Black Research Collection
Black Lives Matter Collection
Materials relating to the Black Lives Matter movement in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Stephen H. Blair, Jr. Architectural Drawings
Architectural drawings spanning three decades of the work of Hattiesburg, Mississippi architect Steve Blair, Jr. Requires permission of current owner of building to view.
M. Blake Letter
Donald Blank Documentary Film Collection
Notes and video tapes of raw footage used in the making of Blank's film "Standing Tall" about the working conditions of African Americans in the catfish factories of the Mississippi Delta and their successful efforts to join a national union.
C.H. Blanton, Jr. Scrapbooks
Documenting the life and civic service of long-time Durant, Mississippi mayor.
Daniel S. Blumenthal Papers
The Blumenthal papers are a relatively small, but diverse collection of materials; the papers are divided into two series.
William Robertson Boggs Letter
Letter from Brigadier General Boggs in Shreveport, Louisiana, to Commander at Vicksburg requesting free passage for Catlett family.
Etta Dunn Bolian Memoirs
Her life in St. Helena Parish, Louisiana and Magnolia and Bogue Chitto, Mississippi.
Charles C. Bolton Research Collection
This collection consists of Dr. Charles C. Bolton’s research materials for his scholarly works.
Bolton Family Collection
Boney Family Collection
This collection contains Boney Family materials.
W.T. Booth Collection
This collection consists of a biography of W.T. Booth's life, including his service in the Confederate Army during the Civil War. The booklet was written by Booth's great grandson, Glover Roberts.
A.I. and Fay Botnick Civil Rights Collection
Newspaper and magazine articles, journals, newspapers, bumper stickers, cartoons, etc. concerning anti-Semitism and Civil Rights.
Edmond A. Boudreaux, Jr. Papers
Six articles written by Edmond Boudreaux, Mississippi Gulf Coast historian.
Sam Bowers Papers
Boy Scout Troop 007 Papers
Office files of Boy Scout Troop 007, Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Raylawni Branch Collection
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Gerard Chittocque Brandon Letter
A letter of January 9, 1829, from Gerard C. Brandon, governor of Mississippi, to John Murphy, governor of Alabama, requesting an answer to a letter of the preceding October. Brandon had written Murphy concerning unsettled accounts between Alabama and Mississippi. Brandon had sent Murphy a proposal on which he wanted Murphy's approval so that Brandon could present it to the Mississippi legislature then in session.
William T. Brannon Papers
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Harold Branton 103d Infantry Division Collection
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
John Cabell Breckinridge Dispatch
Charles R. Brent Photographic Collection
This collection contains materials about Hattiesburg and The University of Southern Mississippi.
J.D. Brown Records
Kate B. Brown Papers
Katherine Brown Scrapbook
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Sarah Jane Hickman Brown Diaries
Pat H. Bullock World War II Papers
Bunker Hill Baptist Church Records
This collection consists of four church minute books for Bunker Hill Baptist Church in Columbia, Mississippi that date from 1882-1959. The books detail the church’s foundation, articles of faith, membership, and attendance at conferences. The collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying the Baptist Church in Mississippi and genealogy of Marion County families.
Fleet C. Burkett Papers
The Fleet C. Burkett Papers contain letters, newspaper clippings, and photographs pertaining to Burkett’s time at Mississippi Normal College and after. He was the oldest living alumni from the original class of Mississippi Normal College in 1912. This collection would be of interest to those studying about the beginning of Mississippi Normal College and student life at Mississippi Normal College.
- Repository: Historical Manuscripts and Photographs X
- Letter. 378
- Photographs. 306
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 275
- Records (Documents). 273
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 132
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 94
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 76
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 67
- University of Southern Mississippi. 66 + ∧ less
- English 937
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less