Showing Collections: 931 - 942 of 942
World War I Photographs
Two 3x5 black and white photographs taken in MS during WWI. One shows workmen at Camp Shelby, and the other shows Ambulance Co. No. 2 Ind., Meridian, MS, on board a train.
World War II letter from "Pat"
One, 5-page letter dated March 15, 1945 from “Pat” to his sister “Honey.”
Capt. John P. Worthing Civil War Letters
Transcripts of three letters written by white officer of the 88th Regiment of U.S. Colored Troops (formerly Corps d'Afrique).
Helen Fields Woullard Collection
This collection primarily contains materials concerning a Black History celebration that was held on February 18, 2001. The celebration commemorated the life and legacy of the late Mrs. Helen Fields Woullard. The collection includes a speech and leaflet from the celebration, and two newspaper articles announcing the event. Other materials relate to a scholarship foundation that was established in her honor.
M.E. Wright Claim for Reparations
Claim to the U.S. Commissioners of Claims, plus two letters of support, 1871.
WWII Ephemera Collection
Matchbooks and other memorabilia from World War II era.
Paul Yoder Musical Scores
Original and published scores of Paul Yoder's compositions for marching bands.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Luigi Zaninelli Collection
Scores and other material created by noted American composer and USM professor of music.
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
George Mike Ziegler Collection
The collection contains two copies of a DVD containing digital reproductions of original materials relating to George Mike Ziegler, Hattiesburg YMCA Athletic Director from 1919 to 1921.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Repository: Historical Manuscripts and Photographs X
- Letter. 378
- Photographs. 306
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 275
- Records (Documents). 273
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 132
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 94
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 76
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 67
- University of Southern Mississippi. 66 + ∧ less
- English 937
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less