Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 942
William F. Dukes FBI Scrapbook
The collection consists of thirty-one photocopied pages from a scrapbook documenting the career of William F. “Bill” Dukes with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (1964-1967; undated). Mr. Dukes retained the original scrapbook.
Ralph Dunagin Editorial Cartoon Collection
949 single-panel original editorial cartoons.
John Duncan Letter
Lionel Dyck, Jr. 103d Military Collection
This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
P. D. East Collection
This collection contains materials related to the life and activities of P.D. East. Materials include personal papers, photographs, issues of East's The Petal Paper, a speech, and letters. This collection should be of interest to anyone researching the civil rights movement in Mississippi.
East Sixth Street U. S. O. Club Souvenir Booklet
A booklet of photographic images and historical information regarding the services and activities of a U. S. O. Club for African American servicemen and their families during World War II.
John “Jack” Eckert Scrapbooks
The John “Jack” Eckert Scrapbook collection contains materials that relate to Col. John Eckert’s military service in World War I, World War II, and Korea, as well as information on other members of the Eckert family. This collection is particularly of interest to researchers studying American military history in the twentieth century.
Economic and Social Development Think Tank Conferences
John T. Edge Speech, "Mississippi Hot-Tamales: A Culinary Conundrum"
Text of a speech presented by Mr. John T. Edge at the Southern Cultural Heritage Complex Auditorium in Vicksburg, Mississippi, on August 17, 2000. Mr. Edge is Director of the Southern Foodways Alliance at the Center for the Study of Southern Culture at the University of Mississippi. He is also the author of "Southern Belly" about restaurants and food culture across the South.
Edith Alice McClain Collection
This collection consists of four folders containing materials relating to Edith McClain Schwartz’s education and activities throughout her life.
Edmiston, Kelley, Flowers, & Ferris Family Collection
Materials documenting Donor's family who lived in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Education in Mississippi Collection
Catalogs, annual reports, laws, commencement invitations and programs from various Mississippi institutions.
James M. Edwards Collection
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
El Cazador Shipwreck Collection
Documentation materials concerning the discovery of the "El Cazador" shipwreck by the trawler "Mistake" in August, 1993.
Joseph and Nancy Ellin Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Donald Paul Ellis II Military Collection
Correspondence, medals, uniforms and artifacts from USM student who served in Afghanistan, Iraq, and South Korea.
Wesley James Ellzey Papers
The Wesley James Ellzey Papers contains documents and a ledger pertaining to his activities as a school teacher in Pike County, Mississippi. Ellzey also served as a Justice of the Peace during the late 1870s and early 1880s.
English Parliamentary Acts
Thomas G. Estes Papers
The collection includes:
1. Hattiesburg, Mississippi City Planning Commission materials.
2. Rotary Club materials.
3. Materials from a College Business Management class.
Asha Burgess Everett Collection
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
Hugh Boyle Ewing Letter
This is a letter written by Brigadier General Hugh Boyle Ewing of the Union Army, encamped outside of Jackson, Mississippi on July 14, 1863. In writing to his wife he recounts the shelling of Jackson, the discovery of some papers belonging to Jefferson Davis, the murder of a Federal officer by the 3rd Texas Calvary, and the capture of the 3rd Texas Calvary by General William Tecumseh Sherman.
J.C. Fairley Civil Rights Collection
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
Leslie A. Falk African American History Research Collection
Materials regarding the Underground Railroad and other aspects of African American history collected by Dr. Falk, the first Medical Committee for Human Rights Field Secretary in Mississippi.
Farm book from an English estate
Records of estate in Northumberland County, England.
Francis Farmer Photographs
Photographs and negatives generated by Hattiesburg studio photographer Francis Farmer. The primary emphasis is weddings; but organizations, events, and portraits are also included.
James G. Faulconer Freedom Summer Report
Report of his Freedom Summer activities in Canton, Mississippi.
L.E. Faulkner Papers
Leesha Faulkner Civil Rights Collection
A group of materials that give an in depth look into the Civil Rights Movement and primarily the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission.
Gregory E. Favre Collection
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
FBI Files: Grenada, Mississippi Public School Riots, 1966-1967
- Repository: Historical Manuscripts and Photographs X
- Letter. 378
- Photographs. 306
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 275
- Records (Documents). 273
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 132
- Financial documents. 123
- Programs (Publications). 109
- Periodicals. 100
- Memorabilia. 94
- Albums (Books). 90
- Brochures. 83
- Manuscript. 83
- Personal narratives. 83
- Newsletters. 82
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 78
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 76
- Civil rights. 73
- Clubs. 72
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 67
- University of Southern Mississippi. 66 + ∧ less
- English 937
- German 4
- French 2
- Italian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 8
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 8
- Hattiesburg High School. 7
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 7
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 5
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Confederate States of America 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 5
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 4 + ∧ less